Saturday, February 18, 2012

Getting my CDL

Ok so after all the hoops I jumped through to get to Texas go through FFE and everything else. I find a way to get my cdl  on my own. This is my experience with that. So I am 3.5 hours south of Garland where I am going to be tested at. So how am I supposed to get there? Well rent a car like I did before right.

Simple enough .... you would think.
So about 3 days before hand I reserve online with Alamo everything goes through great.
The morning of I go to get my car, my sister drops me off beeps and she is gone and off with her day.
Thinking nothing of it. I wait around till my scheduled time and  then go up with a smile upon my face to get my rental car. They tell me we dont accept debit cards.

I am blown out of the water. I politely say thank you. I am ok with this a little hiccup but I am at the airport and therre is 6 other rental companies I will just get a car from one of them.

Not so easy you see its valentines day. ut oh. And either all of the cars are rented out out or I cannot get one for one of theses reasons.
1) They dont accept debit cards.
2) The cars are all rented out.
3) I did not take a plane or am taking a plane
4) I did not have at least $1000.00 in my bank
5) I am not military
6) They wouldnt recognize my T.I.P. cdl . They could not understand that I already had a license. They thought that it was a T.I.P. for a student license like out of high school.

So after all of that, I am waiting outside for my sister to come back to get me when she gets time. I start making calls and finally locate a company that will accept my debit card. But I have to wait an hour or so and I have to pay 75.00 more for this rental car because all the compacts are taken. Which means more gas. So it added $105.00 to my trip.

Ok so I make it up there, eat at my fav joint. Which is Chick Fil A
Get my room which is ok, really no complaints. Get some dinner and settle down for the night.

Next morning. 4:30 a.m.
I get up and pack all my stuff up and into my car and drive the block over to the dps to wait for my test truck guy Billy.

Everything is great its a t200 with a full sleeper with a 28 ft pup trailer.
There was 3 of us. Two guys and myself.
So we each drive about 20 mins and practice backing 1 time.

We wait and wait and wait and wait and wait. until 9:30 for out dps test person.
So she finally comes over and is ready. or so I thought
You see poor Billy' plate got stolen off the front of his truck and the examiner caught it.
SOOO....
The two guys wait and Billy' and I go to get another plate.
Well in this time.. It starts down pouring
So what does that mean. hmm our test can be canceled due to insurance we cannot drive in the rain.
So an hour later we get back. and thankfully it stop raining.
We wait another hour and do not get our female examiner.
we instead get Allen from the hangover.
He is a freaking JERK! hates his job and everyone around him.
So we go to do our air brakes test and one of us does not pass. poor guy.
So then I am the first to drive. Things did not go smoothly Allen was more of a JERK then I previously had thought. But I pass none the less.
I go in and get my license paper and come back out to watch the next guy come back with the truck.
He comes back and did not pass. So two guys one girl and I am the only one that passed. So that is my story. Hope you enjoyed. Here is Billy's website about his test truck. I recommend him to help anyone.

http://cdltesttruck.com/
You can write me with any questions.

-DANGER

1 comment:

  1. This is my experience with that. So I am 3.5 hours south of Garland where I am going to be tested at. So how am I supposed to get there? Well rent a car like I did before right. Pass the CDL test

    ReplyDelete