Sunday, February 12, 2012

What did I do ( After FFE )

Ok so there was a communication barrier with an instructor and I, on my last day after graduation. Which was FFE's reason for sending me home.. Ok so now we are all caught up. But what happened next? For all of you that are wanting to know. Here it is.

AFTER FFE! No life does not end.

What did I do.
Well instead of leaving and going back to Michigan. Which is where the bus ticket would have sent me. I opted to stay in Texas.
If I would have left I would have forfeited my T.I.P and all the money I put into it. Not to mention I would have had a much harder time getting my license back in MI.
SOOO....
While in the hotel contemplating what to do my sister calls me and makes me an offer I could NOT refuse. She offered to allow me to come down 3 hours south of Ft. worth, and stay there until I decide what to do. I jumped on the offer, time to think and time too see my nephew and sister and brother in law. So she drove up and picked me up. The whole time I am beating myself up because in my mind I am a failure.

So after I got back to her place I immediately went to trying to get my cdl and get in with a company.
Which is harder than it may seem, let me tell ya.
I contacted alot of companies told them my story and they one by one rejected me. Well even though I had taken a blow. My will was not deterred. I pressed on.

Well instead of  calling more companies and getting the same let down.
I opted to get my cdl then contact companies.

Soooo. that should be easy right.?? Not so much as it may seem.

This is where I stop and add that I have a shout out to make. I spent all my money that I had painstakingly worked for on attending FFE. So what was I to do about getting money. I have to give a big thanks to my fiance and the best man in the entire world Cal. Without his everlasting belief in me I would have never made it this far. He believes in me so much he deposited enough money to aid me in my journey. I love you honey and thank you so much.

First you need to get with a company that does CDL testing. And unlike in Michigan there is NO third party testers. you see you can get tested by someone other than a dps person in Michigan. In Texas you can only be tested by a dps person.

So I needed to rent a test truck. Finally found one and after a week got it set up to use there vehicle.
So next I need to schedule a test through the dps. that should be easier right? nope wrong again.

You see unlike in Michigan getting a scheduled time for a cdl test in MUCH harder than it may seem.

Anyhow it took me 2 weeks and driving all the way ( 3hrs one way ) to the dps office to stand in line and make a appointment.

So my appt. is wens the 15th at 8 a.m. I will update as I know more. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment